This is one of our favourite snow activities!
My kids love to play in the snow and build forts (ok sometimes it’s me too 🙂 ). We also love to go out and colour the snow!
- Spray bottles
- Food Colouring
This is also a great activity to incorporate learning about Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Colours! Learn the colour wheel and play in the snow!
The only caution needed for this activity is to be sure the food colouring doesn’t stain your clothing.
Why not take your building blocks outside?
Freeze water into different sizes and shapes and colours!
- Different containers or milk cartons
- Food colouring
Fill containers with coloured water and freeze.
Once frozen remove from the freezer and let them warm enough that ice will slide out easily. Take them outside and build coloured ice castles!
You can also add in berries for more fun!
Make it Science Day!
Freezing water is science too!
- Time how long it takes all the different containers to freeze, use all different sizes!
- Do the containers with items in the water like pine cones or cranberries take longer to freeze?
- Make sure you have containers which are similar sizes with different contents so you can have a good comparison
- Don’t forget to use some small containers too so the kids can see some fast results 😉
Then go out and PLAY!
Let me know…what colours did you make your snow?
Also check out “Homeschool Science with Snow”