We are so excited to get started with “Truth in the Tinsel, An Advent Experience for Little Hands” in just a few days!
Last year was the first I had heard of “Truth in the Tinsel” Click here to visit Truth in the Tinsel. and it was already just a week before Christmas.
I decided to do some of the crafts and activities anyway, so I scrambled to get some of our craft supplies gathered the children around and made a few of the crafts.
We had fun, even my older kids got involved!
As homeschoolers we are lucky to be able to adjust our schedules and routines in order to fit our needs.
Every holiday season I do just that!
I make adjustments to our regular routine so we can truly enjoy every holiday, make new memories as well as follow some of our older traditions.
Come December 1st, I start to add in more Unit Studies and “Truth in the Tinsel” is a perfect fit for us!
Even as I write this, I have some of our supplies out beside me which my kids have noticed and now they are ready and excited to get started!
My Tips to Get You Started
- Once you download your ebook, go straight to the Craft Supplies page to write out what you need, then head to the store to purchase it all in one go if you can. Once you are home, organize the supplies into bins/boxes and small bags you can zip closed for any of the smaller supplies.
- If you are feeling extra energetic on the organizing side of things you can even have a bin for each child and sort the supplies needed for the next day into each of their bins the night before.
- Don’t worry if you find out about this “late” just pick up and start with it like we did last year!
- If some of your children are too young to do the crafts, there are also some picture word clues and other downloads to print and use with your own Advent calendar.
- Many older children can still enjoy making crafts with their siblings. They can make their own and elaborate on each craft or they can help out the younger kids with their projects.
- Most of all … Have Fun! Go with the flow and do what works for you and your family each season.
This is a wonderful resource for families either as a unit study like we do, or just as your way to count down until Christmas!
Want to save some time? Or just need something a littler easier? Check out Truth in the Tinsel Printable Ornaments!
To learn more about “Truth in the Tinsel” click on the link below and start up a new Family Tradition!